HM Garden Rooms Ltd.
Terms & Conditions of Contract
- The quotation provided is based on the information and/or any relevant plans/drawings that we have been supplied. It relates to the works requested by the client to whom the estimate is addressed and is in respect of the property indicated. On receipt of a confirmed specification, we reserve the right to alter our quotation if the further detailed information varies from the original enquiry.
- The quotation will remain open for acceptance for a period of 3 months from the date thereon. If the quotation should be accepted, a written contract and payment plan will be set up between H M Garden Rooms Ltd. and the client, and a 25% deposit will be required prior to commencement of works.
- The quotation is based on the visual inspection and assumed condition of the land/building, unless stated otherwise. Any change to those conditions found to exist as work proceeds may result in additional charges to those initially indicated, for which H M Garden Rooms Ltd. will not be held liable.
- The client, in accepting this quotation, confirms their legal ownership of the property at which the work is to be carried out, and agrees to H M Garden Rooms Ltd. carrying out the described works on his/her property. He/she shall make reasonable provisions to protect his/her ﬁxtures and ﬁttings not subject to the described works and other possessions left in the property whilst the works are undertaken. The client shall also make safe, suitable and uninterrupted access available to H M Garden Room Ltd.
- The quotation supplied is based upon the building under construction being uninhabited for the duration of the build, including any overrun due to inclement weather, necessary unforeseen works or additional works being requested by the client. If habitation or storage is required prior to works being complete, the balance of the project cost must be paid in full, before habitation/storage commences. In these circumstances H M Garden Rooms Ltd. will continue to honour the agreement and will finish all contracted works, subject to the client honouring their obligations set out in item 4.
- The quotation is based on the work being carried out during normal working hours (08:00 – 17:00). Should weekend, holiday or other extraordinary hours be required the client may incur an additional cost for this at the discretion of H M Gardens Rooms Ltd.
- Any changes or alterations to the quoted works or to the materials requested by the client may result in an alteration to the costs. All additional works instructed to be carried out during the course of works will be subject to additional charges based on an agreed quotation basis, and any extra materials will be charged accordingly. All variation orders will require either a signature, or email confirmation from the client instructing H M Garden Rooms Ltd. to proceed. Without such, no additional works will take place.
- The quotation is subject to the availability of materials, plant and labour at the time required. Liability cannot be accepted for delays or their effects either whole or part, to causes out of our control.
- The quotation provided is based on known costs for materials etc, at the time of preparation. Occasionally the building trade experiences sudden price increases. Whilst we aim to keep within the quoted costs, we may be forced to increase charges when situations like this occur. We will notify the client in writing, as soon as we are made aware of any such increases.
- 10. Where present, it will be assumed that the supply of water and electricity will be made available for the use of all workmen on site. If not, an additional charge may be made to provide these services in order to comply with health & safety legislation.
- The quotation is based on the information given with the enquiry on all services either underground or above. The client is responsible for supplying all such service drawings and making H M Garden Rooms Ltd. aware of the location of all on site services prior to any excavation taking place. Industry best practice concerning ground excavation will be adhered to, however no liability of damage to services or utilities will be accepted by H M Garden Rooms Ltd. should the presence of the services/utilities not be disclosed by the client.
- H M Garden Rooms Ltd. shall not be held liable for any works undertaken at the client’s instructions if that work requires planning or other consents, which the client has not obtained. Unless requested as part the contract, it is the responsibility of the client to apply for and pay all appropriate fees for such consent prior and during the works, including but not restricted to planning applications and local authority Building Control fees.
- H M Garden Rooms Ltd. aims to carry out works to a very high standard and where required, in accordance with current legal and building regulations. H M Garden Rooms Ltd. will not be held liable for any alterations to either design or construction, should any change in regulations occur/were not in existence at the date the contract is signed.
- All visitors to the site where works are being carried out, including owners of the property, do so at their own risk. H M Garden Rooms Ltd. will not accept any liability for loss, damage or injury should an accident occur.
- Terms of payment are strictly 5 working days from the date of invoice. Late payment may result in an interest charge calculated on a daily basis, and cessation of work. Invoices will be submitted for payment at set build stages. The amount invoiced will be calculated based on the percentage of work carried out per item, including any bulk material orders placed to date.
- No retention is to be held. H M Garden Rooms Ltd. will provide a 10-year structural guarantee which covers the fabric of the building from failure under. Excessive, severe inclement weather such as can be described as an ‘act of God’ and which is not foreseen, is not covered under the 10- year structural guarantee. The manufacturers guarantee for all fixtures and fittings installed, will be made available by H M Garden Rooms Ltd. H M Garden Rooms Ltd. will provide electrical testing and Benchmark certificates where applicable upon receipt of final payment. Any disputes with the invoice must be raised in writing within 5 working days of the date of invoice. Failure to do this will result in the full invoice amount being deemed acceptable and immediately made payable. Practical completion is deemed to be accepted on the issue of keys and product demonstration. A customer handover certificate will be signed by a representative of H M Garden Rooms Ltd. And the client. Full and final payment is due on receipt of this sign off.
- All goods, for whatsoever supplied, shall remain the property of H M Gardens Rooms Ltd. until paid in full. Notwithstanding that risk in the goods shall pass to the buyer upon delivery, full legal and equitable title and interest in all and any goods supplied by H M Garden Rooms Ltd. to the buyer shall remain vested in H M garden Rooms. Including where such goods have been afﬁxed to the land or property by the buyer or his agents, and shall not pass to the buyer until H M Garden Rooms Ltd. shall have received payment in full of all amounts due and owing from the client to H M Garden Rooms Ltd. (including any interest accruing and owing to H M Garden Rooms Ltd).
- H M Garden Rooms Ltd. will return to site and make good genuine building defects related to our works. Items not deemed not to be a genuine building defect, or not related to our contracted works, will be subject to additional labour and material charges. Please note: shrinkage/settlement cracks to finish plaster/render and joinery are not constituted as defects.